Also known as ‘Tui Na’, Chinese meridian massage is an important and popular therapy of traditional Chinese medicine.
It is a unique form of remedial massage typically used in conjunction with other Chinese medicine therapies such as acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine. However, a meridian massage by itself can be wonderfully relaxing especially when it targets your individual health issues.
Tui Na describes the various hand forms used to stimulate related acupuncture points, channels and muscles. Chinese massage can be used alone to improve circulation and strengthen the body, or in synergy with acupuncture and herbs for the treatment of many diseases.
With the hand forms of pressing, pushing, pinching, rolling, tapping, grasping etc., it can:
- Stimulate the related points, channels and muscles of the body
- Improve blood circulation and metabolism
- Regulate the flow of the Qi
- Remove stagnation and toxins
- Balance internal organs
- Recover the functions of the tendons, bones and joints
- Eliminate tiredness and fatigue
- Cure diseases and strengthen the body
- Stop pain
At Ping Ming Health, our practitioners may integrate Chinese massage into your treatment plan together with acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine.
Did you know that most private health funds cover our Chinese meridian massage? Please ask our helpful staff if you require a receipt for this service and treat yourself today.