Health check: which symptoms indicate that your Lung function is weak?
Traditional Chinese medicine diagnosis understands that each internal organ, when it is weak or imbalanced, will show up as a particular set of signs and symptoms.
1. The following symptoms are common if your lung function is weak or imbalanced
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness
- Asthmatic breathing
- Easily sweating especially after physical activity
- Chronic cough and phlegm
- Low immunity and easy to catch colds
- Allergies such as hay fever and skin allergies
- Constipation and sluggish bowel movements
- Dry skin
- Dry nose and nosebleeds especially in summer
- Chronic blocked nose and postnasal drip
- Red nose
2. I suggest three ways to help you improve your lung function
1. In the fresh morning air, take 3 to 5 slow, comfortable and deep breaths in and out. This can help you to clear out stagnant air and improve circulation in your lung and chest.
2. Each day, do 10 slow breast strokes (like swimming) with your arms while breathing naturally.
3. You can eat the following foods more frequently: pear, cucumber, white fungus mushroom, Chinese cabbage, white radish, lotus seeds, green vegetables.
The lungs are located in our chest and it is the only organ that is directly connected to the outside air. Therefore, many environmental factors can affect your lungs.
Traditional Chinese medicine considers regular acupuncture can not only improve your lung function but also improve your low immunity and prevent frequently catching colds.
If you frequently experience the symptoms above, please see your medical doctor for a check-up or visit our experienced Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners who can help you.